GLITCH XOXO 2019 MEETUP EXPECTATIONS OF BEHAVIOR
Glitch is a friendly community that practices its core values every day. It is important to us that everyone that uses our services has a safe and positive experience, and so we do not tolerate harassment in any form. To that end, we have adopted the following Expectations of Behavior for participating in our Meetup and Meetup-related social events at XOXO 2019 (“Meetup”). These Expectations will help ensure that Glitch, participants of the Meetup, and sponsors of the Meetup (“Participants”) create and maintain harassment-free spaces for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion, ethnicity, or national origin. Please note that these Expectations of Behavior are intended to complement the XOXO 2019 Code of Conduct
When participating in the Meetup, Participants will:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from behavior or speech that is (or could be interpreted or received as) intimidating, harassing, abusive, bullying, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning.
- Speak up if they observe anything that conflicts with these Expectations of Behavior. If a Participant is being harassed or feels uncomfortable, notices that someone is being harassed, or has any other concerns, they should report the conduct immediately to an organizer.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, bullying, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; inappropriate physical contact or any unwelcome physical greeting or contact, sexual attention, propositions, or advances.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes, language, or gestures that could be received as such.
- Any other harassment that is based on an individual’s gender, gender identity and expression, or sexual orientation, or that is otherwise sexual in nature.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or ability.
- Any lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property, event site, or event site materials.
- Disrespectful behavior toward other patrons at public event venues.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, orcommitting any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Failing to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
OUR PROMISE TO PARTICIPANTS AND CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
As stated previously, Glitch is committed to ensuring that every individual has a positive, rewarding and safe experience when using our services. To that end, we take all complaints and concerns about harassment, discrimination, or any other conduct that violates these Expectations of Behavior seriously. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behavior, Glitch may take any action it deems appropriate, including sanctioning the offending Participant; expelling the Participant from the Meetup without warning and without refund; and, if appropriate, involving local law enforcement.
NEED ADDITIONAL HELP?
Contact a Glitch employee in person at the event or via e-mail. Michael Stewart is available at email@example.com